Best Foreign Language Film 2015
Films from countries clustered in and around the region of South East Europe (SEE) represent 20 percent of all submissions for the Best Foreign Language Film! And if you add films from countries not from the same geographical region but which are thematically about it, such as the acclaimed Swedish entry last year (“Eat, sleep, die”), the SEE contingent is proportionally even bigger.
SEEfest congratulates ALL filmmakers whose films are traveling to Hollywood this Fall. We invite all our fans and many SEE expats who live and work in Hollywood to support the films and help spread the word. As a block of non-affiliated industry supporters (“NAIL”), all of us can influence and champion, promote and help our colleagues regardless of the country. Twenty percent will get us attention, and that is the name of the game this Fall: getting the attention of voters. Let’s lock ‘em some votes, and nail that Hollywood spotlight! We have 20 times more power as a block of influencers to do that.
Here’s the complete list of films:
- Austria, The Dark Valley, Andreas Prochaska (director of this year’s SEEfest sold-out gala premiere of SARAJEVO)
- Azerbaijan, Nabat, Elchin Musaoglu
- Bosnia Herzegovina, With Mom, Faruk Loncarevic
- Bulgaria, Bulgarian Rhapsody, Ivan Nitchev
- Croatia, Cowboys, Tomislav Mrsic
- Estonia, Tangerines, Zaza Urushadze – (story based in Georgia)
- Georgia, Corn Island, Giorgi Ovashvili
- Greece, Little England, Pantelis Voulgaris
- Hungary, White God, KornÈl Mundruczo
- Kosovo, Three windows and a hanging, Isa Qosja
- Macedonia, To the Hilt, Stole Popov
- Moldova, The Unsaved, Igor Cobileanski – (shared this year SEEfest Grand Prix for Best Film!)
- Montenegro, The Boys from Marx and Engels Street, Nikola Vukcevic
- Romania, The Japanese Dog, Tudor Cristian Jurgiu
- Serbia, See You in Montevideo, Dragan Bjelogrlic
- Slovenia, Seduce me, Marko Santic (shared this year SEEfest Grand Prix for Best Film)
- Turkey, Winter Sleep, Nuri Bilge Ceylan
Become a Sponsor
Become a sponsor! Support the only festival dedicated to the cinema from 15+ countries of South East Europe and Eurasia. Join our stellar roster of foundations and sponsors and take the journey to the crossroads of South East Europe through film. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “sponsor” in the subject line for more information.
Dying to come to L.A. in May 2015 to celebrate SEEfest 10 with us?
Watch for our travel and accommodation announcements starting in September.